Monday, August 16, 2010

Doctor's Appt Update

Today was my 38 week doctor's appointment. Stella's heart rate was 145, she is still head down but needs to drop a little more. I'm dilated 2 cm and 50% effaced. My blood pressure was 140/96 so she had it checked again at the end of my appt it only went down to 138/96. Because it was so high she had me get my blood drawn to check my liver and kidney's and I have to do a 24 hr urine sample. This will check for preeclampsia. Then I will go back on Thursday to get the results for that and have my blood pressure checked again. Depending on those results I might be induced this weekend. If not, then my doctor said she can strip my membranes on Monday to help start labor. My doctor estimated Stella weighs about 7 lbs right now and if I make it to my due date she could be almost 9 lbs. I'm still debating on what I'd like to do if I don't get induced this weekend. So I'm just gonna wait until after Thursday's appointment to decide. So Stella could make her arrival pretty soon!

No comments: