Tuesday, September 7, 2010

2 Week Update

Stella had her two week appointment today and everything went great! I was so relieved...I really needed this appointment to go well, it made me feel so much better knowing that I'm doing everything as best as I can. I had some concerns with a little rash on her bum, gas and her breathing kinda sounds like she has mucus in her lungs or something. Her pediatrician said to try desitin on her bum, she could be gassy because of dairy, nuts or chocolate so to watch those and as far as her breathing...that is completely normal. She also had to get her little foot pricked to do the PKU test. She is such a trooper! She cried a little bit, but I think she didn't scream because she's had her foot pricked 4 other times for her biliruben tests last week. So all in all her appointment couldn't have gone any better...we are so proud of our little girl! Here are her stats:
Weight: 8 lbs 6 oz - 80th Percentile
Length: 20.5 inches - 85th Percentile
Head Circumference: 14.8 inches - 94th Percentile

Her next appointment will be at 2 months where she will get some immunizations...I'm nervous about that. She does well with getting her foot pricked, so we'll see how she does with shots. So far Stella has been a very happy and content baby. She only cries when she is getting her diaper changed, which I think is because of her little rash...I think it hurts her. Also because the wipes are cold and she hates being cold. She also cries when she's hungry or wants to be held and cuddled. We are really lucky because she is sleeping through the night. I've been waking her up every three hours to feed her but as of today I don't have to do that anymore! Yay! Her pediatrician said that because she is feeding so well and her weight is really good she can just sleep and to let her wake me up if she's hungry. That was so good to hear because I haven't had a full nights rest since she was born...I'm so excited! Hopefully she will still sleep through the night for a while. Stella has a really strong grip and a strong neck. She loves to hold her head up when she's awake and look around at things. We love this little girl so much and are so blessed to have her in our lives!!

:2 Weeks Old:

:First Walk in her Stroller:

3 comments:

Harmony said...

she is SO CUTE and you look totally amazing for having a baby 2 weeks ago! Glad to hear all is good with her. FYI- I highly suggest giving her some baby tylenol for her shots. For Megan's 2-month I didn't give her anything because I was worried about it, but then I softened up and gave it to her the next few times and it seemed like she hardly even noticed- except for the initial prick.

Elise&Mike said...

Shes a cutie!

Evan Jamie and Maddy said...

She is adorable! You make cute babies! :) Glad to hear everything is going well! Soak it all in girl!