Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1st Ultrasound Pic


Wednesday was my first baby appt and it went great! Troy and my mom came and they were great supporters. I was a little nervous because I knew I was getting my blood drawn and I am really scared of needles. When we first got there the nurse weighed me and asked some routine questions...then our doctor came in and asked some more questions. This was the first time I've met my doctor and I'm relieved because she is really nice and I feel very comfortable around her. After the questions I changed and she did a pelvic exam and listened to my lungs and did all that routine stuff. Then asked me if I had an H1N1 shot...I told her no and she recommended I get one. At first I was hesitant becuase I hate needles...but Troy and my mom convinced me to get it. I changed back into my normal clothes and the nurse came in and gave me the shot. I made my mom hold my hand, LOL, and to my surprise I didn't even feel the needle go in! I was shocked. Then I had to go get my blood drawn...still nervous, I had my mom hold my hand again and I did feel the needle but it wasn't as bad as I thought. As long as I didn't look at any of the needles I was ok. Unfortunately they didn't schedule my ultrasound so I had to go in the next day for that.
So yesterday was my ultrasound and the baby is measuring right at 9 weeks and the heartbeat is at 180...the nurse said that was really good. The baby is healthy and good! That is always a relief. So all in all my first baby appt was a good one!!! Troy and I loved the experience of seeing our baby and hearing it's heartbeat for the first time together. We can't wait for these 9 months to go by so we can meet our baby!

10 comments:

Harmony said...

awwwwww! It's too bad you have so far to go! Enjoy sleeping in for the next 7 months... Then it's O.V.E.R.

The Goodrich's said...

Congratulations Mandy! It's so exciting when you see that first little pictures, it somehow makes it seem more real.

Better get used to needles, because you're going to get poked a whole lot more!

Deigh Lite Pictures said...

congrats girly. you will love the experience of your first pregnancy. and it helps to hear that you arent complaining of morning sickness. so that means you will really have a good time being pregnant. if you have any questions let me know, but enjoy it, and harmony is right, enjoy your sleep. lol.

Elise&Mike said...

Congrats! Its always nice seeing that theres really something in there huh!

Like all the rest,enjoy your sleep and your naps while you can because once baby is here its gone! :D

If you ever just want to talk/vent about being pregnant I am right there with you again!

Elise&Mike said...

Are you guys going to try to find out early ???? at fetal fotos or anywhere?

Luke, Marie & Brody said...

It's totally a boy!

Johnson Family said...

You should enjoy the needles, they're nothing compared to delivery!!!

Elise&Mike said...

No names yet :)
how are you feeling? are you guys gonna go find out early?? do you have any feelings on what it may be??
oh and do you guys have names yet?!

Elise&Mike said...

Cute names.

Do you guys care if its a boy or girl??

Brooke Hargett said...

Im soooo excited for you guys! :) Cant wait for the little one to join the fam!