Monday, March 29, 2010

Some Baby Stuff and My Birthday

This past weekend we celebrated my 24th birthday which was on the 28th. Friday we had a fun dinner at Red Robin with some of our close friends. Saturday Troy and I spent most of the day shopping for baby stuff. We bought our car seat/stroller, pack n' play and diaper bag at Burlington Coat Factory. I had no idea they had a baby depot in there! We got 15% off our car seat/stroller and pack n' play so it was less than what we had budgeted for which is always great! We bought a neutral car seat/stroller because I don't want to have to buy another one on our next pregnancy. We love it and can't wait to use it!
We also stopped at Sam's Club and bought our first package of diapers and wipes. We found it was a much better deal at Sam's Club than at Wal-Mart. That night we went to the Grizzlies game, I got discounted tickets through my work and thought it would be a fun activities for Troy and I to go to. We had a blast at the game and really enjoyed spending some quality time together (something we'll need to do often before the baby arrives :) Sunday was my birthday and we laid low because we were so busy on Friday and Saturday. But Troy gave me my presents and got me three Disney movies: Snow White, The Rescuers and Bedknobs and Broomsticks. He also got me the sweetest card, probably my favorite out of all the years...it totally made me cry! Then we went out shopping again...but for a patio set this time. We are putting in a cement pad in our backyard this coming month and want to get a nice patio set for it. We found one at Home Depot that we love.
That night we went to my parents for dinner, they made chicken tacos and spanish rice...yum! My parents got me a cribbage board (a family tradition game) and my sister got me a gift card to Kohl's.
I had a great birthday weekend and was so glad I could spend it with my loved ones!

6 comments:

Thorpe Family said...

Cute baby stuff! Sounds like you have been having some fun! Can't wait for this weekend!!!

Elise&Mike said...

happy birthday to you too! march birthdays we are awesome :)

you guys are smart to get things early and just be done with it all--some people told me i was kinda weird for ALREADY BABY shopping with Landon but I was so glad I got all the big stuff donen asap before I got huge and uncomfy!! and smart idea for getting a neutral style on the things you can reuse!

how are you feeling?
do you guys want a boy/girl?? and do you have nanes already?? we still are having troubles. haha

well im excited to hear thursday what your having then!!!

Elise&Mike said...

oh and when are you due again?? your thing on the side says august>?? but i forget what day.

Johnson Family said...

Happy birthday! Buying diapers now is a great idea! When I was pregnant with Sawyer we bought boxes of various sized diapers at Costco any time we had extra money. Because of that I didn't have to buy diapers Sawyer's entire first year of life! It was really nice. A tip, they don't need very many size 1 or 2, you could get a few 3's, but they seem to be in 4's for quite a while.

Elise&Mike said...

Yeah im due July 19th :) feeling better than I was at first,this time around I was so much more tired with having a little one to take care of and not being able to just be lazy all day haha much more tiring the second time around, and you feel all the aches and pains quicker let alone show alot faster ( i feel huge).
Honestly either way babies are so fun. I have had a ball with Landon and little boys are such mamas boys! With him I just knew he was a boy so maybe you will be right. Im excited to hear :)

have you thought it was a boy this entire time?? and just had a feeling? and those are cute names,we need to pick one out here soon.

Dianna said...

Mandi, it was so great to hear from you, and I'm so excited for you and your baby. Congratulations!! I'm sure he/she will be beautiful, and I'll be sure to stalk your blog in the next few days so that I can find out what you're having.