Wednesday, October 6, 2010

6 Week Post Pardum Check-up

My doctor's appt was today and everything went great! I wasn't too worried about my appt. I've been feeling so much better and I can't wait to start my workout routine. I decided on Mirena IUD birth control and I will have in inserted in two weeks. My doctor likes to have it inserted at 8 weeks post pardum to make sure the uterus is back to normal. I was going back and forth on whether I should do the pill or IUD and I read the brochure and talked to a friend about Mirena and this feels like a great choice for me. I've never been on birth conrol before and I'm nervous about being on the pill cuz I don't do well with remembering to take pills everyday. I forget to take my pre natal pills sometimes. So I'm comfortable with the IUD and not having to do anything!
I'm trying to start a routine now that I can workout. Stella and I have been getting up at 7 am every morning for the past week so my goal now is to feed her when we get up, rock her back to sleep for her morning nap and then workout for 45 minutes. I have a kick boxing bag and I'm planning on using that to help me get into shape. There are also workout videos on our Comcast on depand and I have a yoga ball and 5 lb weights. I just need to come up with a workout routine! I have 16 lbs to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight but I'd like to lose an additional 20 lbs. So I have 36 lbs to lose and hopefully I can stick to my workout routine and eating healthy!
In baby news...Stella is doing wonderful! She is so alert and loves looking at everything when she's awake. She is sleeping through the night still and is starting to smile and coo. I love it! She is such a wonderful baby and I love her so much :)

2 comments:

mr & mrs O. said...

breast feeding I heard helps you loose weight as well! so that's a bonus if you are able to breast feed her. It's hard but it's all about a change of life style, eating smaller portions and more often. And LOTS of water. Good luck! she is so dang cute! and you look great! Sounds like you are equipped with the right things to loose the baby weight :D

Tami said...

I highly recommend an IUD. Very nice not to have to worry about anything! Do you know how lucky you are that your baby sleeps through the night already?! Have you heard of the Malibu Pilates Chair? It helped me get back to my pre pregnancy weight and a few pounds below. You can get them on Amazon used for about $150. And it is kind of fun too. Just thought I would mention that. Best of luck!