Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Christmas sure did come and go pretty fast! We had a great Christmas celebration. Every year we go to Troy's mom's house for Christmas Eve and spend time with his family. We had chicken enchiladas, green salad and jello for dinner and delicious razelberry and pumpkin pie for dessert. After dinner we always read the nativity story-usually the grandkids act out the parts but I think last year was the final year for that, they are getting older and not into it anymore! Then we opened presents! Stella got a cute headband with a bow-black and white and 12mo pj's from grandma Jan. Troy got a BYU grill cover and I got a bath set-I'm excited for a nice relaxing bath! Then we both got a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond from his mom. Kaitlyn got pj's from grandma Jan and a pillow pet. Nikolaus got pj's as well and a beanie. After presents we had dessert and just visited with the family. It was really nice to spend time with Troy's family.

Christmas Day was very relaxing. We slept in and my parents came over around 10 am and my sister and her boyfriend arrived shortly after. We made biscuits and gravy for brunch and then opened presents. Stella got a bunch of toys and a cute box for her first tooth and first lock of hair from her auntie Ashley! I got a new address book from Troy, a glass mixing bowl from my parents and then Troy and I both got a gift card from my aunt for Applebees. Troy and Nik got an XBox 360 and Kaitlyn got clothes, a glow dome, decorative pillows for her bed and two cute headbands. We visited for most of the day while the boys played on the XBox and then we had Taco Salad for dinner and cheesecake for dessert. It was a very enjoyable Christmas and I was very blessed to be able to spend it with my family!

No comments: