Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Stella Baylee: 4 Months Old

My baby girl is growing up so fast! Stella turned 4 months old on Christmas Eve and she had her 4 month appt on Dec 23rd. Her appt went so great...I definitely made sure her development was right on track with her having a head injury. Doctor said she is doing wonderful and doing everything a 4 month old should be doing. We even get to start feeding her rice cereal! Yay! I bought some but haven't given any to her yet...I'm going to start that on Saturday. I need to go buy some baby spoons and bowls. Stella got some vaccinations: three shots and an oral. She did so well with the shots, she just cried with each poke but calmed right down! She is such a tough little girl. Here are her stats:

Weight: 13 lbs 7 oz- 47th Percentile
Length: 24.5 inches- 61st Percentile
Head Circumference: 16.5 inches- 78th Percentile

Stella has been developing so much in the last month. She is very active and loves to stand up and sit up. She can now pull herself up-with my help of course-when she holds on to my hands and then she stands up. It's so awesome! She is teething right now-so she's drooling a lot and absolutely loves to eat her hands. Doctor says even though she's teething it doesn't mean she'll cut teeth right away. She puts her hands on her bottle now like she's holding it-still can't quite hold it herself just yet. She is talking a lot now and loves to stare at herself in her mirror and have a conversation with herself. My most favorite thing that Stella does now is she will rub her face on my cheek and give me wet kisses...it's so funny and cute! I just bought her a Jumperoo today off of KSL.com and I put her in it and she went nuts! She can barely touch the ground but she was facinated by it and bounced just a little bit. The Jumperoo is really nice because it has four levels so it will grow with her. I think she'll enjoy it a ton once she can fully touch the ground and bounce herself. Stella is still sleeping through the night-I love it! She is going to bed between 9 and 9:30 and waking up around 5:30 to eat-I give her 5 oz of formula then she falls right back to sleep until about 7:30 when I have to wake her up to get her dressed to take her to my parents house. That is her morning routine when my mom watches her, when Troy is home she will sleep for a little while longer after she eats. Stella is a very happy baby and loves to play with her toys and I hardly have a tough time putting her down for her naps. I love my baby girl so much and am excited to watch her grow!




2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

That is such a fun age! I'm so glad she's doing so well!

Elise&Mike said...

she is super cute!! They get big so fast but its so fun!