Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

2011 is off to a good start so far. Stella started eating rice cereal and she loves it! Her first day of it she wasn't really sure what to think of it and I don't think she knew how to really keep it in her mouth with her tongue. But she didn't seem to mind it! By the 3rd day (yesterday) she is eating it quite well. I make it a little bit thick and she seems to enjoy it better than when it's runny. I still can't believe my baby girl is at the point to where she is eating solids...man how time flies.



I've also started my "eating healthy" diet. My new year's resolution every year is to get into better shape. I also last for a few weeks and then fall off the wagon. I'm hoping this year I'll actually stick to it since I need to drop this baby weight! I started on Sunday and so far I've done great. I've been eating old fashioned oatmeal with wheat toast and a strawberry banana smoothie (it's my own concoction: 1 banana, a few frozen strawberries, milk and non-fat vanilla yogurt-that's it!) for breakfast, a healthy lunch and dinner. Yesterday for lunch I had tuna fish on triscuits with fat free cottage cheese, green salad and a pear. Today I had a lean cuisine and a green salad. For dinner yesterday and today I had egg whites and wheat toast. As far as exercising, I have yet to start. I wanted to start yesterday but I just can't seem to get my body going. It's quite exhausting working, then taking care of Stella after work along with housework. I'm still feeling sleep deprived, which I'm sure that will last for a long time. I guess I just wanna give myself some time to get into my "eating healthy" routine and then start working out. I think if I rush into it I won't last. So I'm gonna take it slow.
My goals for Stella are to work on rolling over-I'm hoping she'll be able to do it all on her own by 5 1/2 months, if not sooner. I've been working on that everyday and she's getting better each day. I also want to read to her at least once a day. So mainly I want to work on Stella's development everyday.
This New Year's Eve was pretty uneventful. We just stayed home, got some yummy food-Troy had his friend Landon over and they played XBox and I stayed upstairs and played with Stella and watched TV. I was too tired to play XBox and I ended up hitting the sack at 11:30. Troy tried to wake me up right before it hit midnight, but I was out.
I'm excited for the new year and all that is to come of it. :)

1 comment:

jjtsoccer said...

She is so big! We need to get together, How is everything?