Monday, March 28, 2011

My 25th Birthday Weekend Celebration

 
My "throne"

Today is my 25th birthday, I can hardly believe it! Since my birthday falls on a Monday this year, I decided to celebrate it this weekend with family and friends. Friday I went to dinner with my good friends Laura, Paige, Brittany, Marie, Samantha and my sister Ashley to California Pizza Kitchen. I haven't been there in a really long time and since they just built one in Murray, I wanted to go! I got the BBQ pizza and it sure was delicious. A few of us got pizza's and switched around so we could all taste each other's. After we ate, Brittany told our waiter it was my birthday and he brought a yummy ice cream sundae and the girls all sang Happy Birthday to me. It was sweet!




After dinner everyone had to go, but Brittany and I went next door to Carter's to get some baby clothes! Well, I got baby clothes for Stella and Brittany got some clothes for her neice and nephew whose birthday's are coming up. I found the cutest clothes for Stella, she has enough 6-9mo clothes so all the ones I bought were 12mo or 18mo. I also got her 4th of July outfit...it is so adorable!!!
Saturday Troy and I both had eye doctor appts-we have both needed new contacts for a short time now and have really needed new glasses for a long time! The appt took about 2 hours because we go to the vision center in Troy's store and of course we visit with all his coworkers there and they all want to see Stella. Troy and I both got some really nice frames...I'm excited to get them back. Afterward, we went over to Cafe Rio for lunch, I had a free meal. After we ordered and sat down, it was time to make Stella's bottle-but I had forgotten to put the nipple on her bottle! She hadn't eaten in 4 hours so I new she was starving-so I headed over to Smith's across the street and bought a nipple. I think Heavenly Father knew that my baby was starving and I was in a hurry because when I drove back to find a parking spot at Cafe Rio there was one that just opened at the very front! After lunch we headed over to Carter's in South Jordan because I only needed to spend $20 more bucks to get a $10 outfit for free. So I bought some more clothes for Stella! This girl is going to be stylish! After shopping we headed over to my parents house for my birthday dinner-we arrived earlier than we were supposed to be there and I guess I ruined the surprise they had for me. Whoops! My mom and sister had decorated the house for me and I arrived too soon. It was mostly all decorated and it was gorgeous.





This is the first time in years that someone has done decorations for my birthday-I loved it! We had Chinese Sundae for dinner, played "Spoons", opened presents: I got a gift card to get a pedicure from my sister, a "cafe" candle for my kitchen, note cards and jolly ranchers from my mom and a framed picture of each of my dogs from my dad. Then we had cake: devils food with cream cheese frosting-YUM! Stella helped me blow out the candles ;) It was a great birthday celebration, probably one of my favorites in years. It was very laid back and so fun to be with my family.












Today's agenda: not quite sure yet. I think I might get some lunch at Zupa's and do a little shopping at the South Towne Mall. Samantha got me a gift card to Aeropostale and I want to get some new tops-maybe a new pair of jeans. I'm hesitant because I swore I wouldn't buy new pants until I lost my baby weight. So we'll see.

2 comments:

The Goodrich's said...

Happy Birthday Mandy! Glad it was so great!

Brooke Hargett said...

Sounds like you had a fun birthday!! :)