Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stella: 6mo Old


My Stella Baylee turned 6mo old on February 24th. She had her 6mo check up this past Saturday and everything went great. She's had a cold for a little over a week now, but doc says that she looks fine and expects it to go away by next week. So hopefully it will, she's had a fever, bad cough, runny/stuffy nose and a lot of mucus. She sounds a lot better now though, her cough isn't as bad and her runny nose is starting to go away. Stella got her normal immunizations as well as a flu shot. They do it in two doses, so we will go in a month to get her 2nd booster. Doc says she should start crawling in the next month or so-I'm excited and nervous for that. We now get to introduce other solid foods. I went to Wal-Mart on our way home and picked her up some bananas, peaches, pears, peas, green beans, squash, carrots and applesause. Our pediatrician said that we can actually feed her anything we want, with the exception of honey. We just need to make sure and grind or mash it up real well so she doesn't choke on it. Here are her stats:

Length: 27 inches- 90th Percentile
Weight: 15 lbs 15 oz- 51st Percentile
Head Circumference: 17.7 inches- 99th Pecentile



After we got home I decided to start with vegetables and gave her squash and she ate it right up! She loved it, she didn't make a sour face at all. I've also introduced her to juice. After she got a cold she didn't want to eat a whole lot but I wanted to make sure she stayed hydrated. I dilute it with water so she doesn't get too much sugar. Stella has started teething and is drooling a lot. She absolutely hates to get boogers sucked out of her nose. She has now started to scream and squeal and loves to mimic. She loves to grab at things and play in her jumperoo. I think she knows what her bottle is because she gets excited when she sees it and has even grabbed at it. Stella can sit up all on her own now. She almost likes to sit more than lay on her back. She is so close to rolling over-more so from her back to her stomach. She iss starting to grow out of her 3-6 month clothes and can fit in most of her 6-9 month clothes. I have a big girl! I bought her a little boombox for her room and a cd with nursery rhymes-she loves to listen to it. She loves reading time with mom, she will sit in her room on the rocker and she’ll sit in my lap and just look at the book in front of her and even try to turn the pages. Stella loves to talk and babble. Stella adores Bentley and will just stare at him and smile whenever he walks by her and loves to play with his tail. She has the cutest laugh. Her tickle spots are the left side of her neck, her thighs and armpits. She is still obsessed with her binky. Loves to play with her toys, she is now into playing with blocks and we are trying to teach her to drop them in the bucket. Stella absolutely loves her grandpa and gets the biggest smile when she sees him. She loves to play with her feet. She’ll pull her legs up to her face and pull her socks off. Stella enjoys bath time and loves it when I put the sprayer on and she'll try and catch the water with her hand. When I put the water up to her mouth, she'll try and drink it. As of now, Stella has stopped sleeping through the night. Since she got her cold she's woken up at least 3-4 times. Not sure how long this will last, but I hope she'll sleep through the night again soon. My little girl is so much fun to play with and is so interactive. I always look forward to coming home to her when I'm at work. She is my angel baby!

No comments: