Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baby Shower for Stella Baylee

Last Saturday was my baby shower and it was a ton of fun...there were a few mishaps, but overall it was a great shower. We originally were planning on having it outside, but we soon realized it was way too hot. So we re-arranged the furniture in my living room and fit about 25 people in there. It worked out well, but my house got up to about 80 degrees and it just would not cool down...I felt so bad, but everyone said it was ok. We had delicious food of chicken salad sandwiches, fruit, veggies, a trifle, pasta salad and a pudding salad. It was so good! We played one baby shower game where we passed around string and everyone had to guess how big I was...my sister, aunt and my friend from work all tied. It was awesome! My two aunts from out of town surprised me by coming out for my shower...it was a great surprise and I was so glad they came. My grandma from California was also able to come out for my shower. She especially wanted to be there since baby Stella is her namesake! :) I got a lot of great gifts from clothes, homemade headbands, toys, a homemade car seat cover and blankets...I loved it all! I had so much fun organizing it that night! LOL. Thank you to everyone who came and for all the wonderful gifts...I can't wait to use them on Stella when she arrives!

No comments: