Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stella's Nursery

Well, we finally finished Stella's nursery this past weekend! We absolutely love it. The colors for her nursery are several different shades of purple, pink, yellow and green. For a pattern we chose butterflies, flowers and dragonflies. I got all her clothes washed and organized in her dresser and closet. I also organized her closet and picked up most of the stuff we needed to buy. I got my boppy nursing pillow, bottles and baby monitor. All we have left to purchase is extra crib sheets and then stuff for her diaper bag. My dad finished sanding and painting her dresser. This dresser has been in my family since 1940. It belonged to my grandma Stella and her sister Eunice and then in 1947 my grandma bought her sister's half for 5$, LOL. In 1986 my grandma handed it down to me where it was painted a pastel yellow and then in high school I painted it a pastel purple. Now it is being handed down to my baby Stella and we've painted it Lilac purple. I hope Stella will hand it down to her daughter in the future.



We also got our rocker and glider this past week and Troy put it together and it is so comfy...I can't wait to just rock Stella to sleep and read her stories. Now all we need is for Stella to arrive!

5 comments:

Elise&Mike said...

very cute!!

Tami said...

Looks great! I can't believe how prepared you are! Way to go!

mr & mrs O. said...

I love her room! you guys did a great job!

Dianna said...

What a beautiful nursery, and that's such a sweet story about the dresser. Congratulations, Mandy, and good luck with everything! I hope you're feeling well, and it's great that you could get away for a weekend to Park City as well. :) Hugs!

jjtsoccer said...

Cute! Can't wait to see it in person!