Saturday, July 31, 2010

Maternity Pictures + 35 Week Update

Today my dad was nice enough to come out and take some maternity pictures for us. We went over to a little park by our house and my dad got some really nice shots. I was debating whether or not to take maternity pictures...but I'm so glad I did! Troy and I had a lot of fun taking these pictures and now we'll have some great pictures to show Stella when she gets older :)
I am also counting this as my 35 week and 4 day picture. My last doc appt was last Monday. Everything was great...blood pressure was good, Stella's heartbeat was at 150 and my favorite...I only gained 2 lbs!!! I've been gaining at least 4+ lbs at every appt. So I was stoked! The only questionable thing that has happened is two weeks ago I started getting, what I think is Ocular Migraines. I looked it up online and it's caused by stress and premenstral changes. I was getting wierd vision in my peripheral vision where it's like if you stare into a light for too long and you just start seeing light spots. It only lasts for 10 mins and then goes away. It's happened 3 times in the last three weeks and I told my OB about it so she had me get my blood drawn on my last appt to make sure everything is normal there. It's so weird because I've never had that happen before. I'm hoping it's nothing serious and it will end completely after I have Stella. I was reading some other comments from other women who have had it and I've had all the same symptoms as they have and I guess there really is no cure, it's just an annoyance and it seems to be caused from pregnancy hormones. And for most women it ends after they have their babies. So I'm not too worried about it, I just hope it goes away because they are quite annoying!
My next appointment is this coming Wednesday where I'll have the Strep B test done and I start my weekly appointments. It's getting closer! In my last appointment my doctor approximated that Stella weighs 6 lbs...I have a feeling she is gonna be a big baby! I'd love it if she were between 7 and 8 lbs though...I really don't want her to be big. But there's nothing I can do about it...the important thing is that she is healthy.
Anyway, that is the update and here are some pics!

6 comments:

Deigh Lite Pictures said...

the pics are adorable, i love the one with you, your hubby's and the blocks. way adorable. cant wait to see your mini me :)

Elise&Mike said...

Very cute pictures :)

you know i always said i never wanted a big baby either. Landon was only 6 lbs 14 ounces and was tiny and now I had our little girl who was 9 lbs! and theres not a huge difference really. she seems so small still.

So dont worry if you end up having a 8-9lbs baby girl :) they are still so tiny and fun. and if your fear is pushing something out that big,amazingly our bodies do crazy things and im just fine :)

Evan Jamie and Maddy said...

I love your pictures!!! They are so cute! You look so pretty!!!

The Goodrich's said...

I've heard that big babies sleep better. So maybe it would be a good thing! Besides, 9-10lbs is a big baby but they still seem so tiny when they are brand new!

Tami said...

Very cute!

Harmony said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are so adorable!

Megan was 6 lb 5 oz. but I don't know if she was early or on time or what... :)