Sunday, August 15, 2010

37 Weeks

37 Weeks 4 Days
So I'm a little late on posting this since my next appointment is tomorrow...but better late than never right? I had my 37 week appt last Monday and everything went good...except I tested positive for Strep B. But my doctor said there was nothing to worry about. I just have to get an IV of antibiotics during labor and it will clear it right up. There is no harm to me with it, it's a common infection that pregnant women can get during their last month of pregnancy. The baby can catch this bacteria during delivery through the birth canal if it's not treated with antibiotics and could cause the baby to get pneumonia. So it will all get cleared up when I go to the hospital. My blood pressure was 130/96, Stella's heart rate was between 145-150, she is still head down and my doctor said she could feel her head but she still has a ways to drop. I was dilated to 1 1/2 cm which is a half a cm progression from the week before. My doctor forgot to tell me how effaced I was and I forgot to ask...but my last appointment I was at 50%. I'm excited for tomorrow's appointment to see how much I've progressed...if any! I'm trying to stay positive though, I'm definitely ready for Stella to make her big arrival. I'm hoping she has dropped, I feel like she has because I'm feeling a little more pressure around my pelvic bone and it's getting more uncomfortable to walk.
Last night I made my hospital packing list and started to pack my hospital bag. We've picked out three possible outfits to bring her home in. We chose a sleeper, a small newborn outfit and a little bigger newborn outfit. We just don't know how big she's gonna be so I'm afraid we'll take an outfit that's too small or too big for her. So we did a mix of both! I think we've decided on which one we want though...Troy really likes the "I Love Daddy" onesie, so I think we just might go with that one...even if it ends up being too big on her. 

1 comment:

The Goodrich's said...

You are so cute, Mandy, and so prepared! Don't worry about the Strep B- I had it with both my babies and they were just fine. I think it's only a concern if your labor is shorter than 4 hours (which would be nice, but probably won't happen).

Those outfits are super cute...we always had cute outfits for our babies but they were always way too big! We ended up changing both of them as soon as we got home. But they were both small-only 6 lbs at birth and then the few ounces that they lost in the hospital put them even smaller.

Good luck this weekend! You'll do great!