Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stella Baylee Hargett


Born August 24, 2010
3:56 am
7 lbs 12 oz
19 1/2 in long

Our baby Stella is here! Originally I was to be induced on August 24th but Stella decided to come on her own. I started getting contractions at 5:30 am on the 23rd, they started out at 8 mins apart and I had to go into work to finish some stuff before I started my maternity leave. By 10 o'clock they were about 16-20 mins apart. I left work at noon and went home and rested and my contractions started getting closer together. By 4:30 pm they were 4-6 min apart and becoming more intense. I called my doctor at 6 and let her know what was going on and she said to go to the hospital and have them check me. So Troy hopped in the shower and got ready and I got in after him but I only had time to wash my body and quickly shave my legs...LOL. I didn't want hairy legs. I had 3 contractions in the shower and they were pretty painful. We headed off to the hospital and my contractions started getting closer to 3 min apart. We got in the elevator and my water broke...all the nurses got a kick out of that. I couldn't really tell if it was my water breaking because I had some leakage throughout the week, but this was a lot more fluid and it went through my pants so I told Troy: "I think my water just broke" sure enough, it was. We got checked in and then they checked me and confirmed that my water broke, I was dilated to 3 and 90% effaced. They set us up in the labor and delivery room and Troy's brother Brandon and his wife Brooke arrived to visit. Brooke wanted to watch me get the epideral. The anisthesiologist was awesome, he explained everything that he was doing and what I would feel. The epideral wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it still hurt. It was totally worth is though cuz those contractions are not pleasant at all! I instantly started getting numb and was very comfortable, I was even able to rest and nap to get strength to push. I got checked again and I was at a 4 and then within 2 hours I was completely dilated to a 10. The nurses said that was the fastest they had ever seen a first time mom dilate completely. We had to wait an hour before pushing because Stella had not decended enough. Stella sure was a stubburn little thing, she did not want to come out...I pushed for almost 2 hours and barely made any progress. My doctor finally came in and decided to use the vacuum on her because she was wedged. Even though I was numb, the pressure was just too much for me to handle. I started crying toward the end but Stella finally made her debute! She was so beautiful and I couldn't believe she was finally here. All the pain was completely worth it and I would do it over again in a heartbeat.

7 comments:

Elise&Mike said...

Congrats again!
You will love being a mommy. Its the hardest but best job in the world.
Enjoy her..they get big WAY too fast!

Johnson Family said...

Big congrats! She's beautiful - well done!

First Class Fitness said...

Congrats! She's a cute one :)

Suzanne Bray said...

She is so cute! Congratulations!!!

Deigh Lite Pictures said...

congrats girly!! she is a beauty. definitely cherish every milestone cuz it goes faster then you realize. Glad to hear there were no complications and that her jaundice is gone :)

Tami said...

That was so nice of her to come on her own! She is so cute! Congrats!!

Evan Jamie and Maddy said...

Congratulations you guys! I love hearing birth stories! Every one is so different! That is awesome that you didn't end up having to get induced, your little baby obviously knew what she was doing! :) I am so happy for you guys! Soak in the infant time, it goes so fast! Congratulations you guys! I am so happy for you!!!!